Do you find WebTest Viewer useful ?

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Is WebTest Viewer a tool which you would use to open webtest when you don't have access to Visual Studio ?

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I don't know how to use it, a video recorded on how to view it will help a lot. You can upload it to you tube and every one will know there is a product like this exists. Or please add at-least a document with screen-shots of what it does pls.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Whats the point of this tool??? I was thinking I can see the results in a report format with this. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM

This is only a viewer for the Visual Studio WebTest. Suppose you captured a HTTP traffic with Fiddler and exported it into WebTest format. This can only be viewed from within Visual Studio.

If you don't have a Visual Studio installed on the computer used for capturing messages you won't be able to open an exported WebTest file.

After finishing viewer I wanted to work on the editor so that you can work on your WebTests without having to install Visual Studio (if you have 3 testers creating scripts you would need 3 copies of VS whereas with the external editor you would need only one to execute the scenarios). 

The reason I didn't finish the editor was that there didn't seem to be enough demand for it.